Saturday, August 3, 2013

CHOCOLATE BISCUIT CAKE


Juno with the Chocolate Biscuit Cake - it's a real slab

I have become a chocolate cake fiend. I used to HATE chocolate cake but clearly I was eating the wrong ones. Lately, I can't get enough of good choccie cake and I had a craving for Chocolate Biscuit Cake this week (why!?). I haven't eaten it since my mother used to make it when I was a kid.


I've never used condensed milk in a recipe before - it is amazing, gloopy sweet stuff, I have discovered. Anyway, I adapted this recipe and came up with this cake: a rich, no-bake delight.



 INGREDIENTS

300g dark chocolate, broken up
100g butter/marg, diced
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
397g tin condensed milk
250g digestive biscuits, broken into quarters

METHOD

- Line a 2 lb loaf tin with cling film
- Melt the choc and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pot of gently simmering water. Stir until smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and mix in the cocoa powder and salt, then pour in the condensed milk, stirring well to combine.
- Add the broken biscuits and stir
- Pour the chocolate biscuit mixture into the lined loaf tin, pressing it down with a spatula.
- Put in the fridge for about 3 hours, or overnight, until set.

Juno made these Monsters Inc buns for her and her cousin Lyra (special pack from Aldi):





2 comments:

Gourmandize UK - Ireland said...

Hi there,

I'm Laurence and I'm from the new cooking website Gourmandize UK & Ireland (http://www.gourmandize.co.uk). We're looking to get in touch with the people behind our favorite food blogs on the internet and feature them on our website through email interviews.

We'd love to interview you for our site, would you be interested? Let me know at laurence@gourmandize.co.uk!

Thanks for your time,

Laurence
Gourmandize UK & Ireland

WOMEN RULE WRITER said...

Thanks, Laurence, sure. I will email you.