Sunday, June 9, 2013

FOODIE DAY IN GALWAY - BOOJUM!

A trip into Galway always means good food. Yesterday we had a lovely time in the brand new - and much needed - Boojum, a burrito bar, which reminds me of Chipotle, an American chain I very much love.

Boojum did not disappoint - we had veggie burritos, stuffed with coriander rice, veggies and guacamole. Mmmm. They were only open a couple of days and so there was free beer and Mexican music and dancing. A mini fiesta on Spanish Parade.

From there we went to The Kitchen Café at the museum for tea and cakes - Tunisian orange cake and a raspberry bakewell - and we also took in the new ceramics exhibition.

I took some phone pics at the market where the very kind man at the Gannets Fishmongers stall gave me a single mussel for a special photograph (possibly part of the cover image of my next novel ... watch this space).

Market pics:




No comments: