I love coconut. I made a coconut cake recently that I will share anon but first these coconut and almond bars - they are lovely and sweet and chewy and full of good things. I overbaked mine so they turned out a little too golden-brown, so I have reduced the cooking time here. They were still delicious though!
75g ground almonds
75g porridge oats
150g dessicated coconut
75g brown sugar
half teaspoon salt
185ml soya milk
1 teaspoon almond essence
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Grease a baking tray
- Combine the almonds, oats, coconut, muesli, salt and sugar in a large bowl
- Combine the soya milk and almond essence and add to the dry ingredients
- Mix thoroughly, and firmly press (with your hands) onto a greased baking tray
- Cook at 180C for 25 mins, then raise temp to 230C for another 5 mins, or until golden-brown
- Mark into 20 squares while still warm (I used a fish-slice)
- Cool and eat!